Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Job

About 3 weeks ago I started working at my local Winners Store. I thought it would be quite boring just picking up clothing all day but i quickly found out that it is much more then that!
I have been trained a Cashier, Clothing Processor in the Warehouse, Fitting Room attendant, and working in Zone 2.
Minus Cashier which I don't mind too much, the other jobs are my favourite.
Zone 2 -includes, Mens, Childrens, Toys, Home Decor, Seasonal and Shoes.
I love working in Home Decor, I guess it's because I am used to it from my last job. Shoes is thee worst job because you have to go around and put all the matches together and then you find 2 of the same shoes but the same foot....who the heck buys 2 of the shoes with the same foot?! Its not even uncommon we have a whole cart full of them!
Processing Clothing- For this job you get to stand in the warehouse, away from all the customers and unload all the boxes of clothing. Then if they are over $19.99, you put a sensor tag on it. Then the correct hanger and the correct size nub. It is quite a mindless job, but I have found that I enjoy those! This job is also fun because you get to talk to the people with you and don't get in trouble for it!
Fitting Room- This is both a sweet, boring and awkward job!. Its sweet because well im not really sure, its just easy i guess. Its boring because sometimes it's not very busy and all you can do is stand there waiting unless they have clothes for you to process. Its awkward because Guys ask you their opinion on clothing, women too but guys are more awkward!. I dont know if I should tell them if it looks bad, im not even sure if I'm allowed to because im sure we just want their money! hahaha. What a predicament!
While working here I have come to the realization that people steal, and are as annoying here as they were at the old store i worked at! I dont understand thieves, so ridiculous! And its ususally the ones you dont expect, like middle aged women!
Overall, this job is awesome. Plus the people are so friendly and easy to get along with which makes it even better. Thank You Lord for always providing for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment