Friday, October 14, 2011

...in the confines of these carbon ribs.


"Has it occurred to you how often we talk about our fatigue? I sometimes have the feeling that if I don't tell my friends how tired I am they will doubt I am doing anything worthwhile. Try telling someone that you feel great, that you are at the top of your game, that you've never been better. The chances are that they will suspect that you're putting them on.....that you lack sincerity.
How did we get to a day when stress and fatigue are almost a badge of success?"
-Gordon Macdonald

1 comment:

  1. No kidding...I've been thinking about this a lot lately, too. If I tell someone that I am unable to make an event, volunteer at something or whatever, because I'm taking a day off for myself, they either look at me like I'm lazy or tell me straight to my face.
    Our world, including the Christian one, drives us to do far more in a day than I think we were ever meant to.

    ReplyDelete