Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I am nothing without you..


The past few days leading up to my worship night have been hard. I have a cough, my throat hurts and I have become discouraged.  Doesn't God know I need to sing tomorrow? Doesn't God know I can't fulfill this school requirement unless he intervenes? Doesn't he know that lots of people are going to be there?!
But......
         Do I realize this isn't about me?
         Do I realize how much I've thought I can do this on my own?
         Do I grasp the reality that my very life depends on Christ's desire for me to live?
         Do I understand that my giftings are for his glory alone?

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”" - 2 Cor. 12:9

Needless to say I've come to the realization that I am nothing and can do nothing without Christ. There is no way I can get up there tomorrow and sing without him strengthening my voice. There is no way anyone will be impacted without him pouring out upon us. There is no way I can, or want to, do this in my own strength.

I need you more, 
more than the air i breathe, 
more than the song i sing,
 more than my next heart beat, 
I need you more

I know that God is faithful and that he will provide me with everything I need to walk through tomorrow night.  My weakness is great, but his grace, strength, power, wisdom and love are far greater.  
Lord you are all I need, I lay everything I am &everything I lack before you.

Please fill me up with you...so I can pour you out to those around me. 
It's all about you. It's all about you. It's all about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment