Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Faith

Faith. Something I thought I knew a lot about. Something I thought I had a good grasp on. Something I thought I had a lot of, boy was I wrong.
In the last few weeks everything I have put my trust and faith in has been stripped away and amounted to nothing, especially in the area of finances.
Paying for school thus far has been pretty easy because I worked for a year after school and earned enough to pay it off myself. This semester is different. I have no money. Knowing this was coming I banked on a good return on my income tax, only to find out it will only cover a fraction of it, which I am thankful for, but again realized that I was trusting in something other than Jesus Christ. How quickly I misplace my trust.
On a different note, I got a job! I am so excited to work, yet there is this knowing in my spirit that even though I earn money this way it is not my ultimate source of provision.
There are no other options, there is no one to bail me out, there is only Jesus and His promise to provide. Thankfully thats all I need, it's enough. This is faith; being brought to a place where you have no other choice but to believe and live your life trusting and knowing that God is who He says He is and that He will do what He says He'll do.
It's hard and not really fun at all, atleast not at the moment!
I'm on a faith journey, one that has taught me a lot in short amount of time, and stretched my faith farther then it's ever been. It's a good place, it's scary and sometimes uncertain. But I believe that God works powerfully in hearts that are layed bare before Him, and surrendered to what He is doing.
Lord keep me on my knees, because I know it is there that I will meet you face to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment