Saturday, August 6, 2011

Nothing compares to this love, burning in my heart...

Today was a day of victory! I have been training for this marathon for about 5 weeks now, and today I finally cracked 5km! It seemed like I had hit a 4k plateau and today I wasn't giving up until I pushed past it.  When I looked down at my IPhone training app and read 5.12km I threw my hands up in the air and yelled "YES!".  I was again doubting whether I was really cut out for this marathon, and today God used this little victory to reassure me, that I can do all things in His strength. 


It's hard to believe that it's August already and that this summer is flying by so fast. Recently, I've really enjoyed reading the Word. (of course I always enjoy it, it's just been extra revelatory as of late).  I'm at the age where there is so much pressure from so many people to have a plan, be in a relationship, have a certain amount of money, and to be independent and self sufficient. Well, I don't buy it and I don't think any of it is necessary at this point.. Reading the Word and spending time with God has been my hiding place, my distraction free zone, my place of perfect peace, my unlimited supply of strength, my reassurance, and more importantly my source of wholeness. 


It's in Christ that I find my purpose, my identity, and the very essence of my existence. Despite the pending decisions that need to be made, and the countless unknowns, I have never felt more whole than I do at this moment.  There is nothing in this world that can satisfy you and I, like Jesus does. 


"I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand"
Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment