Wednesday, August 5, 2009

still holding on...

Why am I still holding on?
Why, when I look back do I wish that some things had never changed?
Why do i so quickly forget the bad times, the painful times?
Maybe because my flesh was more comfortable there,
I guess it's easier to compromise then risk having enemies.
I can't change what happened, I can't change the fact that i've been misunderstood, nor can I change the words that have been spoken.
I've never regretted anything, but somedays I wish I could have my cake and eat it too.
But I can't, and I think that's a good thing.
My life's become a waiting game. Waiting on God, to do what, Im not exactly sure.
But I know that as I patiently wait, He will reveal, the pieces that are still missing.
One day I will see, why I've had to travel the path I have.
Until then, I wait, seek and worship, and live.
I realize this entry can be taken many ways, and I guess I'm ok with that.
God knows exactly what I am meaning, and I've come to realize, only his opinion matters anyways
-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment