Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Here I am sinner, broken and in need of You.

We are now halfway through the tour trip even though some days it seems like weve been out here for way longer. We are currently travelling through the state of New York, bound for Boston. We spent the weekend in Toronto ministering at a Filipino Foursquare church. During our time there we stayed with the pastors family and we were quickly introduced to their cultural foods. Being there reminded me a lot of Thailand as they eat a lot of rice and other ethnic things. I have come to find that I’m not a big fan of Filipino foods, crunchy bbq’d minnows really don’t appeal to me. Nevertheless we had a great time. Today we packed up and went to Niagara Falls. The falls are another testimony to the infinite power and greatness of the Creator. We decided to ride the “ Maid of the Mist” boat. At first I wasn’t too stoked, but decided to go to atleast get a poncho! It turned out to be so much fun, mainly because the ponchos were ridiculously huge, and we later realized why. As you get near the falls, you become soaking wet which was definetly not the highlight of the experience. Overall it was incredibly beautiful and I’m thankful that I got the chance to see it with my friends.
The other night for our devotion we spent time encouraging each other. While one person was on the hotseat we all went around and said things that we love, admire, are encouraged, or inspired by in regards to them. It was such a powerful time. It really showed me the importance of encouraging people and how words of affirmation and love transform not only the person who they are directed to but also the ones speaking them. When we were done the mood and attitude of the group was much lighter and more joyful. All too often we focus on the negative traits or habits of people and forget how truly amazing they are. It also made me realize how I really take the people in my life for granted and don’t tell them nearly enough how much they mean to me and how they have affected my life. To those I love, thank you for everything you have sowed into my life, thank you for taking time to teach me, encourage me and raise me up to become who I am today. I appreciate you all so much and am so incredibally blessed to be able to call you friends and family 
Thank you to everyone who has been praying for us as we are out here, please continue to pray that everything we do and say will reflect the love of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment