Sunday, May 30, 2010

Chasm

I'm back in the place I grew up. I've lived here up until the past 2 years, when I went off to school and my parents moved 45 minutes away. That move brought so much freedom, and much needed escape from all the conflict that occured.
I havent been back for more than a few hours since I've been gone, that was until today. My parents moved back and I'm home for about 24 hours. As I drove up to one of the 2 stop lights that this town has I was hit with a wave of unpleasant memories.
So much of my life has been laced into these streets. I can think of a memory on every block, an encounter in every store. Unfortunately, it's always the painful ones that stand out.
I feel nervous, uneasy, and pretty much like im suffocating. Don't get me wrong, its amazing to be with family, its just this town, and the all to present past.
I don't feel like I belong here anymore, this isn't home, not right now anyways.
I leave tomorrow, not really having dealt with any of these emotions. I feel the need to cry, to mourn the loss of friendship and community within the body of Christ here.
Lord touch this town, sweep these streets with your grace and kindness. Teach your children to forgive, and to love one another like You first loved them.

No comments:

Post a Comment