Sunday, May 2, 2010

I will live a child in awe of You.


For those of you that don't know, I am spending 6 week of my summer with 8 amazing people traveling across the United States and from the east to west coast of Canada. We are doing worship, skits, and drime. We are bringing the churches a much needed message of unity, and challenging them to allow God to search their hearts to see if they themselves are causing division in the body of Christ.
Something I've come to realize over the years is that you can't preach a message without walking it out in your own life first. Thats exactly what I have been doing, as well as all of us as a team. Team work is hard, especially when the team is full of strong leaders. Everyone has an opinion, a certain way of doing things, and different ways of getting things done. But when you're on a team, ive quickly realized that you have to die to everything that you call your own.
I'm learning what it truly means to die to self daily. It means dropping my attitudes, laying down what I think I have right to, and for the most part simply learning to shut my mouth.
Through our skits we are portraying "The Body Bunch", each team member represents a part of the body and different characteristics. We have a mouth - who is super dominant and likes to do everything herself, ears - who gossips, feet- who feels inferior.
There are more roles but these ones are the ones that hit the church the hardest. Being a leader doesnt mean you take control. It means allowing others to contribute and be a part of the tasks. We need to watch what we say, theres a difference between being "informational" and "gossiping" If you wouldn't say it in front of the person, don't say it at al. If you feel inferior, talk to someone about it, it will only make it worse if you stay quiet. Also, allow God to reveal his truth and love to you regarding who you are and your place in His family. You are incredibly valuable!

This past week has been a whirlwind of practicing and getting everything ready. This past weekend we had our first 3 shows, and our message was recieved really well. For me this week has been one of God revealing in me the things that I say, do, that cause more harm then good, and motives and desires that are selfish. Like any human, its hard to own up to being selfish and having pride but God has clearly revealed areas of my heart that need to be surrendered. It's been an awesome process, and one thats been tough but so rewarding. As a group its been great to talk through our struggles and areas that we all need to work on in order to be able to walk and minister in unity. It's only been a week and we've already come so far.
I am so looking forward to the next 5 weeks. I have a feeling that I'm not going to be even close to who I am now come the end of this trip. The sweet thing is that these lessons and experiences will be ones that I can put into practice for the rest of my life.

Lord I surrender to you. Have your way in me, mold me, shape me, break me into who You created me to be. I pray that You'd go before us to prepare the way, and that as we minister to the body your name would be glorified and the church would become the powerful force that you have always intended us to be.

Keep us in your prayers if you think of it. And lastly, I'd challenge you to allow God to search your heart and to reveal to you areas that you can work on in order bring unity to the body of Christ. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment