Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The best is yet to be.


What does it take to be at a place of true peace, trust and contentment.
I want to be independent. I dont want to have to rely on.***wait!..One thing I love about blogging is that when I begin to write out my thoughts God, without fail, speaks to me.*** Lets look back at the statement where I declared my want of independence...it's filled with "I". I don't want this, I don't want that. This distress I feel inside is a matter of lost focus, I've been thinking about myself and my own comfort for too long and have quickly forgotten the promises of God over my life.
My favorite verse is Phil 4:19
"And my God will supply all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus"
"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess for he who promised is faithful" -Heb 10:23
"The one who calls you is faithful and He will do it" - 1 Thess 5:24.
That last verse has a whole new meaning to me right now. God has called me to attend PLBC for 4 years, in a province that isnt exactly a cheap place to live. My wise friend always says "God's vision, Gods provision". And I've always said "God's will, Gods bill". God didnt call me there to leave me hanging dry. He never calls us to something that He doesnt intend to provide for. The problem comes when we think that we have a choice in deciding who the provision can and cannot come from. Father forgive me, because I'm so guilty of this,
When kids want candy they take it from whoever will give it to them, they dont pick and choose.
Lord, restore my child like faith.
The picture above is a perfect example of Jesus, He stands on the tallest mountain, with me on his shoulders and says "Heres the world my beloved child. Heres what I have planned for you. Now run, go and embrace everything I have called you too. Take risks, jump far, and leap high. Don't stop to worry about anything, because I'm going before you and coming up behind you. (Isaiah 52:12). I've got you covered."
In life God isn't concerned with our comfort, but rather our character. God allows situations and tests to cross our path so that we can be made more into his image. When we realize that and know that it infact is truth, it makes the struggles we face seem smaller.
I would like to thank every single person who has ever sown into my life financially, God has used you to provide for the things He is calling me to. Without your support, I wouldn't be where I am today. You have blessed me beyond measure, and I pray that God blesses you back 100 fold. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment