Thursday, September 30, 2010

Can I lose my need to impress?

When people look at me, I think they see someone who is strong, put together, content, wise, and selfless. Maybe thats a bad assumption but I don't think it's too far off. Unfortunately, I don't always feel like I am those things. At the end of the day as I lay in bed, it's just God,me and my thoughts. I usually end up recounting the day and every moment that I fell short, which is often.
I'm a control freak. - I gossip
I'm selfish - I'm lazy
I lack self control - I'm insecure
I'm so broken - My prayer life sucks
I'm scarred - I'm weak
...the list goes on.
Today in chapel the speaker talked about how God wants our humanity, He longs for us to come to him in our weakness. This is something I have always known but have never let sink into my heart. After some self examination I quickly realized that I keep myself from God, places where I feel like I lack, I try and struggle through on my own. Areas in my life that are victorious I easily surrender and allow God to have His way in.
Why?!
God wants my scarred and broken heart, He wants my lack of self control, He wants my control freak side. He longs for me, AS I AM. He doesn't long for who I think I should be, or who I think He wants me to be. HE WANTS ME, right here, right now.
How absolutely unreal is that?!
My heart and mind really can't grasp it - thankfully the Lord is ready and waiting to help me get it.

Lord create in me a new heart, one that desires You above ALL ELSE, one that seeks you above/before ALL ELSE, and one that lives and breathes for You alone.
May you find the faithfulness that You desire in my innermost recesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment