Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Lay back against You and breathe.


Over the past few months a lot of hopes and dreams have been birthed in my heart. Some that I can share and others I can't, atleast not yet. As another school year starts I am reminded of the fact that I have no clue what it will hold. Sure I can make plans and hope and wish for things but because Gods ways are so much higher than mine, His plans also exceed anything I could drum up for myself. This is where my struggle is. I have all these hopes, dreams, & wishes, yet I have no control over some of the ones I desire the most. So what am I supposed to do?
This summer God stretched me into a deeper level of trust in Him. At an interdenominational worship service that I attended God spoke to me and told me to get up infront of everyone and talk about unity. I tried to rehearse what I was going to say but it was all jumbled so I said "God I am getting up there so you gotta fill my mouth!" and I went without doubting. I walked by faith in that moment. I don't remember a time in my life that I had that strong of faith and trust in God to just step out and go. It was unreal. God challenged me to begin to live my entire life in that way. Total trust, total dependency, total faith in the God who has called me. The God who knows the deepest desires of my heart, ones I have yet to discover. The God who knows me for me, and yet loves me fully. The God who calls me by name, who created my inner most being and created a plan for my life. The God whose never failed me. I can trust Him fully. I can lay before him all I desire and dream and know that in His (perfect) timing and His (perfect) plan they will unfold for my good and more importantly His glory.
Lord I come before you with open hands holding the dreams, wishes, and plans that I desire. Sift them and remove any that don't line up with Your plan for my life. For those that do, may they grow bigger and stronger and burst forth when the time is right. I give you my worries, anxiousness and impatience, take them and replace them with Your peace. "Lord, I want to sit at your feet, drink from the cup in Your hand, lay back against You and breathe, feel your heartbeat" amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment