Sunday, September 12, 2010

There is freedom in surrender.

This week has been tough, and I've learned a hard lesson in surrender. I'd love to tell you that I am quick to surrender when the Lord calls me to do so, but that would be a lie. In fact, recently I've fought it hard, only to realize that it all amounts to nothing and eventually brings me to a place where my only option is to let go. I was constantly being asked "what are you going to do?" and finally I listened and God gave me clear direction. It didn't sound much like surrender but when I decided to obey I knew that it was. I was surprised, because in that moment I experienced true surrender. I quickly realized how much I had gained instead of lost. Here I was holding this "thing" so tightly, not wanting to let go because I felt like it would be lost forever, and just the thought of it made my heart ache. But when I released my grip, God took it from my hands and held it in His. He cares more about it than I do, and thankfully He knows how to deal with it much better than I do. I haven't lost it, it's just in better hands. Even better though is that I gained fresh perspective, peace and comfort.
For those of you who are at a point of needing to surrender something in your lives, just do it. Satan would love for you to believe that the loss will far outweigh the gain but he, as always, is wrong. A surrendered life is one in which God can move,work and unfold His incredible plans.
There is no other way we can truly live.

No comments:

Post a Comment