Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I run to You

I’ve never felt more faithless in my entire life as I have in the past few days. Not faithless in the sense of doubting the foundations of what I believe, but faithless in the sense of standing in front of a seemingly huge mountain of impossibility and there is no way around- only over.

Being in a place of having to say over and over “God, I can’t go one more step without your strength” is hard & humbling. I’m looking at a line of closed doors and as time passes they seem to be coming closer and closer. If a window opens every time a door closes….where is my window? Am I doing something wrong? Where should I be looking? Am I missing something? The questions that flow through my mind are suffocating me and creating unneeded anxiety.

Last night, with tears streaming down my face, I thanked God for stretching my faith. I hate everything about the process, but I know that breakthrough will come and I’ll realize that this season wasn’t as hard as I thought. 

But for now, I’m weaker than I’ve ever been and I’ve realized the hard way that I can’t do life in my own strength.

God has begun the trek up my “seemingly impossible mountain”.  If I stand here any longer I’ll die.  I hear my Father say: “This is the way, walk in it..” (Isaiah 30:21) My heart is racing and my legs feel like they are made of lead. I can’t do this, I can’t do this….

STEP.

walk, walk walk.

RRRRUUUNNNNNN.

girl,run,dark,hair,dress,field,running-e20b2706ef2d8a98470c0e56642e5c3e_h

…faith as small as a mustard seed is all it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment