Monday, May 23, 2011

Awake my soul and sing..

tumblr_llkqjaT9WA1qzyd2oo1_500_thumb

Today as I went for a jog I began to think about all the clutter in my head- so many unanswered questions, aimless thoughts, wishful scenarios, dreams, and worries. It’s so easy to get caught up, blinded, and paralyzed by all the distractions that are thrown our way. It’s like I’m at a fork in the road, I am both burdened but free, discouraged but encouraged, scared but excited. Today I listened to a sermon about dreaming  and was suddenly made aware of the fact that I haven’t been doing much of it lately. Instead I’ve been weighed down with the “why nots”, “but what ifs” "why not mes” and “whens”. I don’t want to become someone who loses sight of where God is taking them, and forget about where he has already brought them. I don’t want to become someone who crushes the dreams of future generations just because I was impatient and gave up hope. I don’t want to become someone who dreams and never lives it out. I don’t want to become someone who doesn’t persevere.

I will not stop dreaming just because they seem out of reach. I will not stop moving forward just because my past tries to hold me in the same spot. I will not let disappointment keep me from being excited about what is ahead. I will not let rejection keep me from loving even though Satan would enjoy it if i did. I will not be taken out by voices who tell me I can’t do it. I will not let distractions slow me down. I will not let unanswered questions and worries stop me from forging ahead as a forerunner to the next generation. I will not let what has been, keep me from living with expectation for what will be.

I will not let anything hold me back from becoming all that God has me to be.

I will dream as big as my mind can possibly dream, even if it means dreaming alone. I will run when God says run, I will walk when God says walk, I will fight when God says fight, I will speak when God says speak,  and I will wait when God says wait. I will live and die for God, and God alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment