Thursday, September 22, 2011

Wake on up from your slumber, baby, open up your eyes.

It's the first big rainfall of the end of summer/ beginning of fall season and I kind of like it. I mean I don't appreciate arriving at school completely soggy but theres something about the rain that brings calm to the craziness of life. It's as if life slows down and suddenly theres no need to rush around. When the sun is out there are so many things to do and places to go, but when the rain comes we usually just want to stay inside and read a book while curled up in an oversized blanket. The rain gives me time to think, spend quality time with the Lord and thus my spirit and heart are refreshed.

I need to slow down, I need to reassess my priorities, what is truly important in this season of life, and I most definitely need to place God back into the centre of it all.

I need to be less, He needs to be more....this life is not about me - none of this is about me..

This season is different and stretching but at the same time it's not as hard as I thought it would be. This is a good place to be, for now.

It's not about me, it's not about me, it's not about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment