Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hello December, I quite like you!


I can't believe it's December! This month brings much stress and much happiness in it's 31 days!
Stress first, this is the last week before finals. This has been and continues to be my week in a nutshell. Monday: Exam, Worship Practice, SLT, Recital Tuesday: Class, Practice, Recital Wednesday-Friday Morning. Finish summarizing 6 articles, begin and finish a 12-20 page paper, lead worship in chapel, music practice for sunday. Then on saturday I have to leave the school before 7am to be at a convention for 2 hours. Right now it seems like the madness will never end. But I know that's not true, I will make it!
I get to go home in 11 days. It's been wayy to long since I have seen my family other than on skype of course! I am so looking forward to being home for almost a month. I also get to go back to work which is such a blessing! I can't wait!
Since my last entry, Lots has gone on. God's been teaching me lots about getting out of my comfort zone and allowing others into my world. I had to write another song for class. I really want to write about the process that God has taken me through this summer, and in order to do that I had to go back to the beginning. I really didnt want to write about it, but it seemed like i had no other choice, and I'm not sure why and maybe I will never know, but here it is:
Understand
It was a warm april day
when I watched you fly away
You didn't see it coming
I was too scared to say
-----
After 2 years of fighting
I leave the ring with pain
No use for pretending
that all could stay the same
Pre
So many words unspoken
So many chances slipped away
I don't know what your thinking now
Chorus
I know that this is what needed to happen
to bring new life, to dreams that had fallen
No other option
I wish you could understand
-----
All this time has allowed healing
to wash away the pain
Leaving no room for anger
still unforgiveness reigns
-----
And today if I could see you
I'd tell you that everday
is a chance to mend the fences
to learn to laugh again
I can't wait to continue to write more songs, seems like I've caught the bug.

1 comment:

  1. I've definitely caught the bug as well, lol. Go for it! You've definitely got the talent!

    ReplyDelete