Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The more I seek you, the more I find You. The more I find You, the more I love You.

Dusty-Bible

I find myself longing for more of God, to be more intimate with Him, and to know Him better and more deeply. As I was praying these things during worship this past week, God began to speak to me. He said “I don’t want your lip service. If you want me, show me” ouch

I quickly realized that words are meaningless unless they are backed up with actions. 

God loves to hear us pray, He delights in our desires,  and He smiles when he sees our hearts long for him. But if all we are doing is talking about it, our words are just noise.  It’s like if your boyfriend or girlfriend told you they loved you, yet they never spent time with you, didn’t care to know how you were doing  and never showed interest in your passions and desires. Now, when they said “I love You” would you actually believe them? I sure wouldn’t.

It’s easy to say you want more of God. It’s easy to say He’s your everything. It’s easy to say you want to serve Him. It’s easy to say you want to be intimate with Him. etc.

But what are your actions saying?

Let God search your heart & life. Be honest with yourself on how much time your spending on meaningless things and how much your spending on Him.  Make the necessary sacrifices and changes needed in order to make your actions  speak louder than your words.

You won’t regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment