Thursday, April 14, 2011

Slow Down Friends..

tumblr_lef22xO1jt1qzevzco1_500

Things are changing, leaving me with new beginnings and hard to deal with endings. I feel like I've been shoved to the front of the stage and I’m frozen, too afraid to move or speak but knowing I have to. Time is running out and the list of things to do is only slowly getting shorter. I don’t have time to breathe because the next step is right in front of me and beyond that everything is rather hazy. It’s so easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of life and forget to just stop and wait on God. We live in a society that looks down upon waiting, and promotes instant gratification, but that’s not how God’s Kingdom functions. The faster we realize that the better.  As I look at my life and the lives of my generation I see a serious case of ADD. We have become accustomed to always doing something-  listening to music, tweeting, facebooking, texting, checking email, surfing the net or talking.

It’s become hard for me to focus long enough to pray, read my bible, and listen to the still small voice of my Father.

This is the time in my life where my decisions are especially important and have a huge influence on my future. How do I expect to make the best choice when I’m not even taking time to converse with the planner of my life?   The reality is, if we don’t slow down ourselves, God will do it for us, and it most likely won’t be pretty. Oh God, teach us to fear your name.

Slow down friends,

Don’t let your schedule become so full that you forget what it feels like to hear His voice, connect with His spirit, and feel His arms around you. Spending time in Jesus’ presence is the most important thing you can do today.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess, you were on our hearts tonights, knowing you are carrying a full load. The verse we talked about tonight was Matthew 11:28-30 in the Message ... about learning the unforced rhythms of grace. Looks like we're all tracking!

    How true ... this IS the time when your decisions are so important.

    Love this: Spending time in Jesus’ presence is the most important thing you can do today.// Yesss.

    ReplyDelete