Thursday, April 7, 2011

I’m not called to comfortable.

tumblr_lggrfdNZcZ1qe09boo1_500

Somewhere along the line  I made the unconscious decision to walk through the doors of opportunity that require the most risk, that will cause the most stretching and ultimately will require the most faith and reliability on God.  I can’t remember when I decided this, (or perhaps it has just intensified as of late), but this fearlessness has taken over my heart and I no longer want to do what is safe, comfortable and secure. I’m not talking about being foolish, I’m talking about being in the center of God’s will, no longer fearing being inadequate, but having faith that God has and will continue to equip me to everything He has and will call me to. It’s scary, uncertain, and risky, but at the same time it’s exhilarating, fulfilling and an unbelievably exciting adventure.

I have one life to live, I am not going to waste it on something comfortable. I want to risk it all, I want to jump without seeing what’s at the bottom, I want to swim as far as I can, without fearing what might be lurking in the deep waters.   I want to live, truly live.

Lord, I find life in your mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment