Saturday, July 18, 2009

Keep Looking forward.

Tonight I was reading "The Divine Mentor" by Wayne Cordeiro, and God really spoke to me through it.
Here is an excerpt from a journal entry that he wrote:

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.
Isaiah 43:18-19
"Polishing trophies and pondering mistakes can both rob me of my future. Although accolades are nice, I must, as Paul instructs, forget what lies behind and press forward to what lies ahead. It's in what's ahead that potential is found, promise is discovered, hope is uncovered, expectations are released, and vision is fashioned.
Only when I begin to look forward will I see the roadways in the wilderness and the rivers in the desert. Pondering the past will leave me blind. Rehearsing my hurts or licking my wounds will also steal my tomorrows. I will grab the lessons, thank "Consequences" for its brutal but effective teaching method, and then move forward to better my future. As C.S Lewis said "When you keep your face toward the sun, the shadows will always fall behind you.""
Thank you Lord for speaking to me today, this is exactly what I needed to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment