Friday, July 17, 2009

Yet I Will Praise You.

In my devotions lately I have been reading about Job, specifically Chap. 1: 13-22. Those verses tell of Job's family, and livestock being totally eliminated. Not only was his closest loved ones killed but he also lost all his lively hood.
How would you feel if you lost your family and your job?
I would probably be very angry with God, and wouldn't want to continue serving Him. I would be asking questions like "God how could you let this happen, I have served you faithfully, how did I deserve this?"
For those of you that know Job's story you know that he didn't react that way at all. In fact he reacted in a manner totally opposite of how most of us would feel like reacting.
He fell to the ground and worshipped Jesus, the one who gave and the one who took away.
Then he fell to the ground in worship and said: "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised."

Wow, what an amazing example he sets for us today.
I've been through alot of "storms" this past year and especially in the last couple weeks, but nothing compared to what Job had to go through. I've come to realize that none of the things we face in life are big enough reason to not Praise God through them. It makes such a difference in our lives and in the lives of those around us how we react to trials.
I'd encourage all that are reading this to Trust that God knows what is going on in your life, and his plans and his purposes will prevail no matter how hopeless you feel or how big the situation seems. God has a plan, He Is in control. You can put full hope in Him, remembering His character and how he loves each and every one of us.
I recently bought the new Hillsong Cd and one of the songs on it is called "Desert Song".
It goes along quite well with this theme, so I'll end with the lyrics:
Verse 1:
This is my prayer in the desert
And all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in the hunger in me
My God is a God who provides
Verse 2:
And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith provedOf more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames
Chorus:
And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain
I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here
Verse 3:
And this is my prayer in the battle
And triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand
Bridge:
All of my life
In every seasonYou are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship
Verse 4
This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've recieved I will sow
Amen.

1 comment: