Friday, July 10, 2009

You are Good

The Lord never ceases to amaze me.
I was sitting at my computer after work wasting time playing some game, when I began to listen to the lyrics of the song that was blasting from my speakers. The chorus goes:
"Spending time with you. Not a moment goes by. That you're not by my side. Spending time with you. You're all that I want. Why's it so hard to do."
At first I thought they were just talking about a boyfriend/girlfriend situation but then the Lord spoke directly to me through them that I needed to get off my comp and spend some time with him. It just so happened that I had allowed my self to start entertaining ridiculous thoughts about my current single status I've never been one to indulge in self pity, but I thought "hey why not for one night". Ironically this morning my devotion was about setting our minds on things above and not focusing on ourselves or things that the world deems important.
God quickly reminded me of what I had read this morning and so I logged off and began journaling. Stirred by a blog my friend wrote a couple days ago I began to make a list of all the reasons why Jesus is the Love of my Life, and it didn't take me long for me to fill the page.
But something happened that I really wasn't expecting. While i began to think of #14, the song "You are Good" by Kari Jobe came on and as i pondered my next reason, God began to dig deep inside of me and rip out hurts and feelings that I hadn't yet released.
I began to cry the most gut wrenching cry I have ever heard in my entire life, a cry that I'm glad only God heard.
It's not fun having wounds resurface, but i'm glad that God was there to bring it up and replace the lies with His truths.
When I was finally able to breathe again I realized a burden had been lifted that I didn't even know was weighing me down.
Thank You Jesus that you love me too much to leave me the way that I am.
I encourage you all to spend time with God, listen to what He is saying to you, perhaps in the song that you are listening to or the thoughts that have been going through your head.
He only has good for us, and no matter how much it migh hurt sometimes, it's worth every second. I can't even begin to fully explain how I feel right now, all I know is that God is good and I forever stand in amazement at what He has done and what He is continuing to do in me.
Thank you Lord :)

No comments:

Post a Comment