Saturday, June 26, 2010

Beautiful Bride, Body of Christ.


For the first time in 2 years I went back to my old church. It was weird to walk through those doors and up the stairs of the place I used to call home. I asked my Pastor if it would be alright if I came and played piano in my spare time, He said yes. I walked into the sanctuary and slowly made my way down the aisle and up to the front. Only a few things are different, everything else seems pretty familiar. As I walked onto the stage I was hit with the realization that if it wasn't for this place, and these people, I wouldn't be who I am today.
These people, who I feel like I barely know anymore, taught me to believe in myself enough to lead a song during worship. Eventually pushing me to lead many more.
They taught me how to worship and to war in the spirit.
They gave me the courage and the oppurtunity to get up on stage and play bass.
They taught me how to function in my spiritual giftings
They laid the foundations of my faith and taught me how to seek God.
Even after being away for so long, I feel like they have taught me my most important lesson yet, how to love unconditionally.
This church is no longer home but I feel blessed and grateful to have grown up in this part of the body, and to be able to spend my summer playing piano, worshipping and songwriting in a place that holds so much of my history.

1 comment:

  1. God bless you Jess in your desire to honor your former church. It shows maturity and obedience to not only say, but to act out these words, and the faith that forms the roots of all you do and say.
    Kerry........

    ReplyDelete