Tuesday, November 30, 2010

We only know when it’s gone.

This is the last blog I will ever post in November 2010 because tomorrow is December. Why does that matter? It matters because another month has passed and lately I've been thinking A LOT about time.

Time is important because it runs out.

My time as a child has run out…

My time at high school has run out…

My time at PLBC will run out…

My time with certain people will run out…

The last one is the one that scares me the most, not as in I’m afraid they will die, but that they wont be actively involved in my life like they are now.

I feel like humans live their lives as if they have all the time in the world, and I feel like that’s one of the reasons we justify apathy, procrastination and down right laziness.

I think it’s important to consider the amount of time that God has given us in certain areas, obviously we never know fully what His will is and where we will be going. But I do know that I've been given 4 years at bible school, and I am down to 1.5 left.  How does that realization change my priorities and what I spend my time on?

I’ve also been thinking a lot about God’s timing.

Timing is important because it sets the pace of our lives.

Many times I want to jump ahead of God and bring certain desires to fruition. But that never works, because God’s timing is best, and it’s always perfect.

So how do you live in God’s perfect timing, while keeping in mind that time eventually runs out?

The only answer that I’ve come up with is that I need to make the most of everything, and use a serious amount of my  time seeking God’s face, and listening to His heartbeat.

God’s heartbeat is like a metronome,  setting the perfect timing of our lives. Listen to it.

These are some of the things that I have been thinking about, I don’t write them to scare you into doing something with your life or make you worry about whether you’ll wake up tomorrow. I simply want to  challenge you to look at your life and allow God to show you the places where you need to use your time more wisely or invest it more deeply.  It’s different for all of us.

We’ve been given the gift of time so that we can bring God glory through following the dreams & desires He’s placed within us, and living out our God given potential. Anything less isn’t worth spending our time on!

No comments:

Post a Comment