Sunday, December 5, 2010

Somehow You make all that I wasted useful again.

328476033_b324ab4681

I’m tempted to write my yearly reflection, but I’m thinking it’s still to early. Instead I’ll write about one aspect of it. As I look back on the year, I see something that I wish wasn’t there, and that’s an independent attitude. So many times I find myself thinking and acting as if I can do life without God. As if I have a clue of what is best for me at any given moment. Times when I rushed ahead of Gods plan, only to find out what I was chasing after wasn’t even in the plans. Moments when I thought I knew better. Innumerable accounts of impatience, wrapped in selfish desire.

foolish. so foolish.

I feel like God must laugh at me a lot, and I’m ok with that. I can just imagine him watching me, and chuckling to himself, as I run around in circles trying to figure something out that I was never meant to grasp in the first place!

The most amazing thing about this though, is God’s patience with me. No matter how many times I stray from the path and attempt to create my own way, He always draws me back. He lets me run until I can no longer feel my legs and I helplessly fall to the ground. From there, He picks me up and carries me back to the center of His heart, where He corrects and disciplines me once again. Then he dusts me off and, while pointing straight ahead, says “This is the way, let’s go.”

He does the same thing for all His children. Wow, what love, grace, and hope we have been given! It’s revelations like these that give me the strength to get up every morning, knowing that no matter what happens, God is present and able to handle it.

Pursue God will everything that is within you. If you fall, let him pick you up and dust you off, then keep going. Don’t let things like impatience, worry and doubt side track you because as long as you are faithfully and obediently walking out the path God has pointed out for you, everything you need will come at the best possible times! So let God use your previous shortcomings to make you more like Him, and live in freedom knowing you don’t have to keep making the same mistakes.

Now go live, love, dream, dance, serve, seek and everything else that God has called you to do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment