Sunday, December 12, 2010

I’ve got 100 steps to go, tonight I’ll make it 99.

I’m so excited that 2010 is nearly over. There are so many things in 2011 that I want to do differently, so many things I want to start over. A lesson I learned hard this year was that You can’t do the same thing over and over and expect to get a different result.  It just doesn’t work that way. As I’ve been walking through the last sections of my Freedom Session course I’ve been extremely challenged to set a plan and have someone hold me to it.  I talked in an earlier post about having an “independent spirit”. Since that post God has revealed to me over and over how much I have acted in that way.

1. In my daily devotions: many times they don’t happen because I don’t make them a priority. What am I saying to God by that? Well its says that I don’t need to read my Bible and pray because I can do life on my own, but that is false.  In order to live a life of freedom, discipline and ultimately Christlikeness, You need a foundation built on the Word.

2. In my daily life: I’m a dreamer, and I set goals but don’t always meet them. God has called me to certain things, yet I’m not working while I wait. This shows that I lack discipline and would rather be lazy. Strong accountability is required!

Devotions and discipline are the 2 biggest things God wants me to work on. I think that they are foundational to everyone’s lives. If we aren’t rooted in the word, there is no way we are going to stand strong when life’s storms rage around us and if we aren’t disciplined now it will be even harder to be in the future.

If God has called to you be a musician: practice and song write

If God has called you to be a youth pastor: get involved with a youth group

If God has called you to be a electrician: become an apprentice

Don’t wait till you’re older or feel more qualified. Don’t wait till your “big break”. We can walk out our callings daily, no matter where God has you currently planted.  Let God search your heart and reveal to you where he wants to mold you, then create a manageable plan, and ask someone who is older and wiser to hold you accountable.

2011, is going to be unreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment