Wednesday, December 8, 2010

You are the lifter of my head.

Are you feeling burdened?

Are you feeling broken?

Are you consumed with heartache?

Do you feel hopeless?

Do you feel ashamed?

Do you feel weak?

Do you feel like you’ll never get it right?

Do you feel rejected and oppressed?

Are you stressed?

Are you feeling exhausted? Frustrated? Sad? Forgotten? Alone?

I have felt the majority of these emotions within the past week, I feel like God has forced me to my knees and I have no clue how to get up. All I know is that God never drops us to our knees without a purpose.

Let your pain drive you to Jesus. Let it stir in you a desperation to go deeper and search harder. Let it motivate you to learn the needed lesson and do it right next time. Let it open your heart to God’s love, grace, correction and discipline. Let it teach you obedience. Let it slow you down enough to hear God’s voice. 

Don’t let the any of these emotions overcome you to the point of giving up on God. Don’t let it cloud your vision to the point where you no longer desire to see the unseen.

Let God lift your head because where there is pain there is purpose, and where there is purpose there is hope, and where there is hope there is victory.

1 comment:

  1. So this showed up on my dashboard, and I'm like, "Yes...yes...oh gosh, YES!"
    I love this. I absolutely love it. Thanks for being so open :)

    ReplyDelete