Sunday, December 26, 2010

Now boldly I approach Your throne.

Sunset-Reflect-Web

This afternoon I went through 2 boxes which I refer to as my “Memory boxes”. I have put letters, certificates, notes, pictures, drawings, and anything that was meaningful to me from about 2001-2006. When I was younger I had a calendar every year and in it I would fill it with birthdays and events. As I looked through them, I realized that I had written down significant spiritual moments, such as the first time I felt comfortable closing my eyes in worship. It makes me laugh  now, but at that time it was huge!  As I reread letters I had sent to my high school school board, and journal entries, I was hit hard with how child like, bold, pure and unhindered my faith was. I didn’t hold back what I believed. Each month I assigned 1 person from my class to pray for each day. It’s crazy to see how Gods hand has been upon me since I was young. No one told me to act and do the things I did, it all flowed out of my love for Jesus. Nearly 8 years ago I never thought God would use my past to inspire, challenge and encourage me.  It has really shown me the importance of journaling and recording what God has done,the struggles I have gone through and where God has taken me.  It could be what spurs me on 10 years from now.

2011 presents another chance to change history, to continue to create a legacy, and to believe for the impossible. In 2011, I will embrace child like faith – If God has promised it, I’ll believe for it no matter how crazy you think I am. My God is HUGE and it’s about time I start living like He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment