Thursday, December 30, 2010

For You, My God, are greater still.

For about a good month now I have been reflecting upon the last year and making a point of seeking God for the areas that He wants to work on in 2011. This is how I would sum up 2010:
  • A  year of challenge, lessons learned the hard way, and a time of really discovering who I am and what my callings are.
  • It’s been a season of continually battling through distraction after distraction in order to catch a greater glimpse of who God is. As I look back on my blogs and journal entries I see a constant desire to go deeper and to encounter “the more” of God.
  • I’ve learnt how to be honest with myself and others about areas of struggle and insecurity in my life and have been equipped with the tools to deal with pain, conflict and daily life situations in a healthier way.
  • I’ve learnt how to be obedient, even when it means going back where I swore I would  never. Included in that is surrender, Daily giving up my will in order to do what God is asking me to.
  • I’ve learnt how to truly worship. To be free to express my love for God through dance, and song. Realizing that worship isn’t conditional, its commanded whether I feel like it or not.
  • I’ve learnt that no other human being will protect my heart for me so I need to not be passive in guarding it.
  • I’ve learnt to speak less, and pray more.
  • I’ve learnt that God is faithful, closer than my skin and greater than my mind can comprehend
  • Finally, I’ve learnt that God’s plans for me are bigger and crazier than my wildest dreams, and He will bring them to fruition.

Within the last month God has tied up every loose end in my life and given me a clean slate to write upon in the new year. I don’t believe in coincidence, therefore I know that God is up to something huge and I can’t wait till He reveals it to me!

God thank You for every open door you placed before me within the past year. Thank you for taking me across the country and back. Thank you for every person you’ve placed in my life. Thank you for every trial and tribulation, and every bit of hurt and pain that you have brought me through. You are unbelievably incredible and worthy of all praise and adoration. Here is my heart, my soul, my life, do with it what You please.

So here closes another year, another chapter in my life. Sorry 2010, but 2011 is going to blow you out of the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment